Hello, world! So as you may have already guessed from the title, this blog will be devoted to showing passport chops and immigration paraphernalia. Not much to say or show, is there? Well, you may be surprised. While I will try my best to post my personal passport chops and passport chops only, I will from time to time come up with posts on things that may interest those others out there to read my blog. I really am not writing this for anyone but myself as who would be so interested in immigration law, passport stamps, and visas as I am?

I'm pretty sure that most will not find this blog very interesting, but I do hope that there is a readership out there as enthusiastic as I am about immigration, passports, and visas.

Happy viewing!

lunes, 29 de marzo de 2010

First Passport Chops

So here are scans from my first passport with immigration stamps from the Philippines. I used my first passport for travel only to the Philippines and Mexico. I went to the Philippines twice in 1992 and to Mexico numerous times, but they do not apply immigration chops at land borders, much to my dismay.


A strange thing I noticed about my chops is that the first one from 17 Feb 92 is a normal immigration stamp in the sense that I was admitted as an American citizen. The second, round stamp on the second scan indicates that I was admitted on Balikbayan status.

Republic Act 6768, or the Balkbayan Program, was instituted in 1989 to encourage former Filipino citizens and Filipinos working overseas to return to the Philippines. Under the act, the balikbayan is defined as:

  1. a Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year, a Filipino overseas worker, or a former Filipino citizen and his family, as this term is defined hereunder, who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines; and
  2. The term "family" shall mean the spouse and the children of the balikbayan who are not balikbayan in their own right traveling with the latter to the Philippines.
The privileges of a balikbayan include:

  1. Tax-free maximum purchase in the amount of One thousand United States dollars (US$1,000.00) or its equivalent in other acceptable foreign currencies at Philippine duty-free shops subject to the limitations contained in Section 4 hereof;
  2. The national flag air carrier shall establish a special promotional/incentive program for the balikbayan;
  3. For foreign passport holders with the exception of restricted nationals, visa-free entry to the Philippines for a period of one (1) year
  4. Travel tax exemption as provided under Presidential Decree No. 1183, Executive Order No. 283, and other allied laws; and
  5. Especially designated reception areas at the authorized ports of entry for the expeditious processing of documents.
What is strange is that on both occasions, I entered the Philippines with my mother, who at the time had a Filipino passport but lived permanently in the USA, which should have meant that I should have been admitted with Balikbayan status both times. Curious

In the end, it didn't really matter since I wasn't staying in the Philippines for more than two weeks so the 21 days afforded me the first time around was enough for my short sojourn.

Also notice how the dates were entered in hand, which is not very good since it left space for human error and, in fact, in a later post, I'll show an instance when the immigration officer indeed made a mistake in filling in the date.

1 comentario:

  1. BUY COUNTERFEIT MONEY & DOCUMENTS OR GET A LOAN NOW AND INVEST!Whatsapp:..(+4915215387133)

    TOP QUALITY COUNTERFEIT MONEY AND QUALITY DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE FOR SALE. DOLLAR, POUNDS, EUROS AND OTHER CURRENCIES AVAILABLE WE HAVE PARTNERS IN ALMOST EVERY COUNTRY SO IF IN CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FACE TO FACE BUSINESS THEN JUST CONTACT AND STATE YOUR LOCATION AND YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR BILLS
    With over a billion of our products circulating around the world. We offer only original high-quality counterfeit currency NOTES. We ship worldwide. We also print and sell Grade A banknotes of over 52 currencies in the world. Here is your chance to be a millionaire. Our money is perfectly reproduced,Indistinguishable to the eye and to the touch. We are sending in various sizes, packed and hidden. All our notes carries all the holograms and water marks and passes the light detector test. We will deliver the money directly to your home without the interference of customs . we have a Huge quantity ready in stock.

    4DOCUMENTS

    fake USA(United States) passports,
    fake Australian passports,
    fake Belgium passports,
    fake Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
    fake Canadian(Canada) passports,
    fake Finnish(Finland) passports,

    ETC..




    !!!!!!!! CONTACT FOR MORE DETAILS!!!!!!!!


    Email-: qualitybills-documents@hotmail.com
    Skype Name:Ranko322
    Wickr: Ranko322
    Whatsapp:..(+4915215387133)



    E-Mail US Your Questions and Comments.



    !!!SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!!!

    ResponderEliminar